Yesterday, Prime Minister Theresa May’s conference speech was plagued with misfortune - a persistent cough, a prankster handing her a fake P45, and to add to it, an unstable stage that sabotaged her slogan.
Despite the setbacks, May responded in a quintessentially British fashion; she was polite, kept calm and carried on, putting forward her range of new policies as part of her mission to promote a ‘British dream’ - despite the scene engulfing her in a nightmare.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.