A legal services firm has introduced a four-day working week for full time employees following a hugely successful nine-month trial, which was found to boost productivity, work-life balance and job satisfaction.
Since October 2020, all full-time employees at Arken.legal have had Fridays off - with the exception of two staff who take a different day to ensure cover - but have maintained the same level of output. The result has been an increase in productivity and efficiency, improvements in job satisfaction and a better work-life balance for staff.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.