In the pandemic year, employers and HR have deployed a range of different methods to keep staff connected and engaged when working from home. Whether it’s hosting lunch n’ learn sessions, company-wide talent shows, or after work social drinks, there are many things that employers have initiated to keep people connected.
One employer launched an initiative that not only kept staff connected in all corners of the globe but gave employees the opportunity to learn a new skill at the same time. In the lockdown period last year, Sony Music UK unveiled its ‘Language Exchange Programme’. Within this programme, employees from more than 15 Sony Music offices across the world were paired and connected to either learn a new language or to practice with a native speaker throughout lockdown – regardless of whether they are a beginner or advanced speaker.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.