Captain Sir Tom Moore, or Captain Tom as he was more popularly known, made headlines last year when he began to walk his garden, before his 100th birthday, in order to raise money for the NHS.
The endeavour, “Tom’s 100th Birthday Walk”, was kicked off with the initial hope of raising, £1,000 but ended up raising over £38million.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.