It’s not been unusual this year to hear employers talk about people as their biggest assets – but there are examples where actions don’t quite meet the words.
As Lucy Bilton, Head of HR Europe at Pacific Life Re, the global reinsurance giant, describes: “Many employers say their people are their biggest assets. However, I wonder how many really mean it; really do anything long-term and sustainable with regards to mental health and wellbeing support, or simply resort to a set of well-meaning, yet invariably disjointed initiatives.”
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.