While employees’ beliefs and values can have a direct impact on a company’s culture, an organisation’s leaders can be the driving force behind this, as they have the power to lead by example and map out the direction of the business.
For example, a previous Forbes article shared that leadership can help to lay the foundation of culture to empower employees to achieve a company’s goal. And it seems executives are aware of this, as previous research by Deloitte discovered that 94% of executives believe a distinct workplace culture is important to business success. The same study revealed that employees (88%) also believe that a strong company purpose is vital for a business to be successful.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.