When it comes to employee wellbeing, eye health is unlikely to be the first thing that springs to mind. Yet, in this ‘digital-first’ world, many employees are spending more and more time staring at screens each day.
In fact, research has pointed towards the staggering amount of time that desk-based workers spend looking at a computer screen. 2018 research commissioned by ACUVUE found that the average office worker spent 1,700 hours per year in front of a computer screen. This equated to an average of six and a half hours per day.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.