Working from home has been a headline issue for HR during 2020 and one that hit headlines earlier this week when the UK Government said that office workers in England should work from home if they can to slow the spread of the virus.
In this week’s episode of the podcast, Sophie Parrott, Online Editor at HR Grapevine sits down with Daniel Cave, Head of Content at Executive Grapevine Digital Media to talk about working from home in the long run and whether this needs specific management. The pair discuss the recent news around why the Silicon Valley giant Facebook is recruiting for a ‘Remote Work Director’. In addition, the pair speak to an employment lawyer, as well as two seasoned HR practitioners, to find out whether employers need someone to exclusively head up teams of staff who are working from home.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.