For many recent graduates, the current UK jobs market paints a bleak picture, and many will be wondering how they can get onto the career ladder.
Data from CV-Library found that the volume of graduate jobs advertised has fallen by 60.3% year-on-year with industries such as marketing, construction and recruitment experiencing larger slumps than others. The jobs board analysed data between January 1 and July 30, 2020, and compared results with 2019 to gauge an understanding of the opportunities currently available to graduate talent.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.