With the mercury soaring into scorching temperatures this week, it will likely be an unbearable period for remote workers who don’t have access to fans and air conditioning units.
In this week’s podcast, Sophie Parrott, Online Editor at HR Grapevine, sits down with Kieran Howells, Deputy Editor at Executive Grapevine Digital Media to talk about working from home during a heatwave. The pair speak to a legal expert to find out if employers have a legal obligation towards remote staff when the weather is hot. They also share tips from Stephanie Easton, Head of People at London Marathon Events about how the people function can support staff.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.