The organisational culture, which encompasses values and behaviours that make up a unique workplace environment, is important.
Maintaining a healthy corporate culture will allow businesses to reap the benefits of employee engagement and productivity, staff retention and higher output, and, ultimately, better commercial success. Particularly when a business is trying to navigate a turbulent time, having full employee buy-in and support from staff is crucial to surviving. And a good corporate culture is essential to achieving that as is shown by the stats. 94% of executives and 88% of employees believe that a distinct workplace culture is the key to business success, according to Deloitte research. In addition, research from CultureIQ found that employees’ ratings of company qualities – including work environment, value alignment and mission – are 20% higher at firms with strong company cultures.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.