Diversity should be at the heart of every Board.
Having diverse representation among the Board will ensure that varied perspectives and experiences are shared so that the business can make the best and most informed decisions to help them prosper going forwards. According to a study by Deloitte, 93% of business leaders agree that diversity plays an integral part in the decision-making process, particularly at Board-level. Despite this, the same report revealed that just under 16% of leaders consider diversity a priority when recruiting new talent onto the Board. Numerous companies, including Domino’s Pizza, Lloyds Banking Group and Ocado, have been outed in this report for their alleged lack of gender diversity at the top. However, one company has expressed a commitment to supporting and developing female employees on their journey to accessing more senior roles in the business.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.