“Culture is such a massive beast, isn’t it?” probed Vicki Russell, Head of HR at Instantprint in an exclusive interview with HR Grapevine. If you think about it closely, in many respects Russell is has a point.
The main point that Russell is trying to make is that there are many different aspects that make up and influence an organisation’s culture. From core values to communication, a commitment to employee wellbeing and comradery, there are many elements that contribute to a successful company culture. Given that positive company culture can underpin employee retention, workplace productivity and ultimately the bottom line, employers would be wise not to undermine its importance.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.