Employees may be laid off for a number of reasons; they may be underperforming and missing deadlines on a regular basis or disrupting teams and workplace culture with a toxic attitude.
Whatever the case may be, Gov.co.uk stated that employers must have a valid and justifiable reason for the dismissal of an employee and show that they have acted reasonably in the circumstances.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.