The introduction of caretaker boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has had a miraculous impact on Manchester United after just three months in the job – and it makes for a fascinating case study.
Love them or loathe them, it’s easy to recall how bleak things were looking for Manchester United back in mid-December. The team looked despondent under then-manager Jose Mourinho, floundering around seventh in the league and finding themselves 11 points adrift of qualification for the Champions League – a minimum expectation from both the board and the fans.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.