Getting the best out of the Apprenticeship Levy

Getting the best out of the Apprenticeship Levy
Getting the best out of the Apprenticeship Levy

In April 2017, the Apprenticeship Levy was introduced to ensure that there was a long-term investment in apprenticeship training: enabling employers to plug skills gaps, recruit new talent and improve the abilities of their current and future staff through work-based learning. 

Under the levy, large employers – those with a pay bill of more than £3m – will pay 0.5% of their total wage bill to invest in training staff through apprenticeships. Smaller employers don’t have to pay into the levy but do have to contribute 10% of the cost of an apprenticeship – with the government making up the other 90%.

Subscribe now to myGrapevine+ and get access to our comprehensive knowledge portal.


Already a subscriber?Sign in

Welcome Back