Prime Minister David Cameron will announce today that all companies will be forced to reveal the gap between the average pay of male and female staff.
Over ten million workers will be affected by this decision. The gender pay gap currently stands at 19.1%. This means a woman, on average, will earn 80p for every £1 earned by her male colleague. A report last year ranked the UK 26th for gender pay equality, behind Iceland and Rwanda.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.