The benefits of improving the resilience of your workforce are now well understood and documented.
Resilience is broadly defined as the ability to recover from setbacks, adapt well to change, and keep going in the face of adversity. In a work environment, resilient individuals tend to cope better with pressure, hardship, and uncertainty, whether that be created by organisational change, workforce restructure, shifting priorities or even heavy workloads.
Although some individuals will naturally possess higher levels of resilience than others, the good news for HR and L&D professionals is that anyone can learn techniques and strategies to increase their own resilience, or indeed the resilience of those that they lead or manage.
So when you need to: equip a workforce to embrace and adapt to change, ensure the smooth management of workforce transition, create a positive environment with increased levels of productivity, or improve employee wellbeing and promote good mental health, then building highly effective learning programmes that can genuinely impact the resilience of your employees is highly achievable.
If you’re in the process of improving resilience in your organisation, we’ve put together some simple ‘building blocks’ to ensure that your learning programmes work for you and your employees:
1. Explore the impact of change – Ensure that employees can learn how change can affect them, the impact of change and how they choose to react to it
2. Provide reflection time – Give employees the time and opportunity to explore their current position and where they would like to be in the future
3. Sell the benefit – Make sure employees can understand what’s in it for them, and how resilience gives them the capacity to respond easily to the changes in their circumstances
4. Keep it practical – Don’t get too caught up in the theoretical; ensure you’re providing your employees with specific tools that will help them bounce back and manage their response to change or adversity more effectively
5. Reinforcement – This can’t all be done in a single session and this will be a very personal journey for many, so create some simple learning paths for employees to explore and opportunities for further reflection
Renovo recognise the importance of creating a positive environment for employees before, during, and after a programme of change and the impact this can have on ongoing productivity and morale.
We can help you build highly effective resilience workshop programmes designed to give your employees the techniques and tools to stay resilient during times of change, whilst having an opportunity to explore their current position and where they would like to be in the future.
To request a free Resilience Pricing Guide, please visit https://renovo.uk.com/3-resilience/