An Airbnb boss has stepped down after allegations of a romantic relationship between the executive and a female staff member were discovered.
The former China Head of Airbnb, Hong Ge, violated the home-rental company’s code of conduct by dating a female employee, according to two people familiar with the matter – Bloomberg reports. Those who spoke to the publication, and asked not to be identified, said the relationship created a distraction in the Beijing office.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.