Within HR, there’s a lot of talk around the importance of culture and purpose to overall strategic success. But what’s evidently lacking, is a discussion on how purpose can be used to boost employee engagement.
A study from Deloitte found that 47% of executives agree that they can identify their company's purpose, compared to just 30% of employees, reports Inc. Furthermore, 41% of executives say the company's purpose plays a role in making business decisions, compared to 28% of employees - which begs the question, how can HR bridge the gap between the Boardroom and the workforce?
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.