Despite being embroiled in a legal battle over pay and working conditions of its couriers, the Deliveroo boss Will Shu gave himself a 22.5% pay rise last year, in a move which has been described as “absurd”.
Shu, who set up Deliveroo in 2013, increased his salary to £124,999 and handed out close to £4.5million in share bonuses to Directors and hundreds of other head office staff – The Guardian reports.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.