Honesty is the best policy, but in the world of hiring, adding a few embellishments can potentially increase the number of candidates.
It's assumed that the majority of jobseekers would be more attracted to the prospect of working in an ‘energetic target-led fast-paced commercial environment,’ rather than what actually lurks between the lines ‘you’ll be busy, really busy, as we’re dumping a new client list on you, and expect that you’ll be making 207 calls a day.’
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.