McDonalds workers in the UK will go on strike on 4 September, a date marking the US Labour Day holiday to address issues of working conditions internationally.
On Friday, staff at restaurants in Cambridge and Crayford, in south-east London, voted in favour of industrial action to demand wages of at least £10 an hour, secure contracts with guaranteed hours and formal trade union recognition from McDonald’s – The Guardian reports.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.