Two thirds of childless women aged 28 to 40 feel that they are expected to work longer hours, according to a report compiled by PwC and Business in the Community.
In fact, “singlism” a term coined by Bella DePaulo, a Professor of Psychology at the University of California, to describe the stigmatisation and discrimination against singles in the workplace, is receiving an increased attention by researchers – BBC reports.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.