Last year, the UK witnessed record low absence rates, since records began, according to the Office for National Statistics. But that doesn’t mean we’re getting healthier as a nation.
Whilst employers should ensure they don’t create a culture of presenteeism, with employees fearing scepticism about their legitimacy or insurmountable workloads when recuperating, there are occasions where staff take advantage.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.