Overtime may be an unavoidable part of many employees’ lives, with staff working to complete projects and meet tight deadlines.
According to the TUC, employees are completing £33.6billion worth of unpaid work each year. The Mirror reports that over 5.3million employees work an extra 7.7hours each week, for no pay. This figure amounts to around £6,301 over the year.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.