The former CEO of McDonald's has launched a campaign to combat what he considers to be “woke” corporate policies.
Ed Rensi, who ran the fast-food giant from 1991 to 1997, has partnered with conservative advocacy groups to form The Boardroom Initiative, with a goal to “defend shareholders and employees of public companies from "woke" policies and ensure corporate accountability”, according to Fox Business.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.