A worker who experienced "stress and sleepless nights" after being labelled as a “lazy old white guy” by a colleague has won a huge payout following a court case.
As reported by the Mirror, 55-year-old Barry Moore was found to be the victim of age and racial discrimination as a result of comments made by a Black colleague, Desmond Osuwu, at Sean Pong Tyres in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.