A leaked memo has allegedly revealed Netflix’s instructions for staff on how to discuss the recent controversy surrounding one of the firm’s comedy shows.
As reported by The Verge, the streaming giant has encouraged members of its talent acquisition team not to comment if asked by interviewees about the Dave Chappelle special Closer, which contained a joke many considered to be transphobic, and sparked global debates about LGBT+ rights, freedom of speech and cancel culture.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.