A boss has come under fire after sacking around 900 members of staff at once during a Zoom call, just weeks before Christmas, the BBC has reported.
Vishal Garg, the chief of US based mortgages firm Better.com, told shocked staff that they were “part of the unlucky group” having their employment terminated immediately, following news that the firm was struggling financially and needed to cut around 15% of its workforce.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.