Consumer electronics giant Sony is facing a lawsuit at its video game brand, alleging incidents of gender discrimination such as denying women promotions and paying them less than male counterparts in similar roles.
First reported by Axios, the lawsuit has been filed in the USA against the company’s subsidiary Sony Interactive Entertainment (which produces the PlayStation console and its video games). It alleged that “Sony tolerates and cultivates a work environment that discriminates against female employees”.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.