An employee has gone viral for quitting their job on the spot following a 3AM text from their boss, demanding them to come into work on short notice, despite it being their day off.
As reported by The Mirror, a bartender shared a heated exchange with their manager, who had messaged in the early hours, commanding them to come into work at 11am the next day and work an 11-hour shift.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.