Following the fallout of the talent crisis currently underway within the UK, retail chains John Lewis and Waitrose, which both operate under the John Lewis Partnership parent company, are seeking to hire 7,000 additional staff for the festive period, amid speculation that the festive period could see widespread shortages of goods and services.
However, as the latest Office for National Statistics (ONS) data highlights that currently, vacancies within the UK have surpassed 1.3million – and with certain industries such as retail and leisure seeing the brunt of the shortages – the two brands have resorted to offering festive perks to lure in prospective talent.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.