Citigroup has told its bankers to take a fortnight off as bosses attempt to improve working conditions for junior staff and to prevent staff burnout, The Times has reported.
Executives at the financial giant want all junior bankers to take off “two, fully disconnected” weeks away before the end of September, amid concerns about long working hours taking their toll. The publication reports that this is said to effect junior bankers across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.