Google employees have been using the company’s internal salary calculator to find out if they’ll face a pay cut for choosing to work remotely, it has been reported.
The news agency Reuters reported that employees of the tech giant, who were based in the same office before the pandemic, could see different changes in pay if they switch to working from home permanently. And those with long commutes to the office could be hit even harder, according to the firm’s own company pay calculator, which has reportedly been seen by Reuters.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.