Indy100 has reported on a Reddit post in which an unnamed business owner revealed they offered their store manager a choice between “demotion or termination” after failing to open the store one morning, having taken the day off for mental health reasons.
In the Reddit post, which attracted more than 30,000 ‘upvotes’, the boss explained that the employee in question, identified only as ‘Peggy’, had recently been promoted to manager after two “solid years of good work as a cashier” and that “I really thought she could handle the responsibility.”
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.