After England’s loss on penalties to Italy in the final of Euro 2020, online racist abuse was aimed at Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka.
Very bravely, the three players, who received most of this racist abuse, defended themselves online – backed by their boss, Gareth Southgate, and the FA, their effective summer employer.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.