Champions League presenter Gary Lineker is being pursued by HMRC in what has been dubbed a “witch hunt” over a tax bill of £4.9million.
According to the Daily Mail, the former England star has been channelling his earnings as a freelancer presenting various shows at BT Sport and BBC such as Match Of The Day through a company partnership he created in 2012.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.