A hospital employee has been accused of skipping work on full pay for 15 years, with reports alleging that he stopped turning up to work in 2005 - the BBC reported.
Based in Italy at the Ciaccio hospital in the southern city of Catanzaro, the employee is now being investigated for fraud, extortion and abuse of office, Italian news agency Ansa stated.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.