A racial disparities commission established by the Prime Minister is reportedly set to recommend that the term ‘BAME’ should not be used by public bodies and companies anymore – Sky News reported.
As was first reported by the Daily Telegraph, the proposal is said to form an important part of the report from the Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities, which is expected to be published this week.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.