Stigma around menopause within professional industries continues to be a growing concern, according to a new report from Vodafone, which found that up to one-third of women who have suffered from the symptoms of menopause say that they opted to hide them in the workplace.
The research, which polled more than 5,000 women from five key countries including the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and South Africa, found that 37% of respondents believed the stigma around the issue of menopause had prevented them from either vocalising the issues they were facing, or reporting them to HR, as reported by The Guardian.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.