Despite the promise the Apprenticeship Levy was supposed to bring young people, the CIPD has claimed that it has ‘failed on every measure’.
The HR body shared that since the levy was introduced back in 2017, apprenticeship starts have fallen and fewer have gone to young people, reported the BBC.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.