Various industries have stereotypical gender characteristics tied to them when it comes to jobs. Engineering is largely associated with men taking on positions, while the beauty sector is prone to more women working within the industry.
The same stereotypes can also be found in the tech industry, with women less likely to take up a role in the sector. This is supported by research from PwC who surveyed over 2,000 A-Level and university students.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.