The coronavirus pandemic has had a drastic impact on employees. Previous data from the CIPD revealed that 61% of workers felt that the pandemic was having an adverse effect on their mental health, while 2020 ONS research found that 30% had experienced feelings of loneliness following the UK’s mandatory lockdown.
As a result, many HR leaders have taken to creating initiatives to attempt to build bonds between remote workers and boost staff engagement and wellbeing. One such company is the LADBible Group, which took the opportunity to celebrate Pancake Day by sending out a branded ‘Pancake Box’ to every employee.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.