Software giant Salesforce is one of the latest firms in San Francisco to have announced a move away from in-person work, claiming that the "9-to-5 workday is dead” – the Guardian reported.
On Tuesday, the San Francisco-headquartered firm announced that it would permanently allow staff members to work from home. This is said to still be the case even after it becomes safe to return to a central office following the coronavirus pandemic.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.