The creator and star of BBC’s Mrs Brown's Boys has revealed that he used his own savings to pay cast members after the show’s tour was axed amid the global coronavirus crisis – Metro reported.
The Irish writer and comedian, Brendan O’Carroll, said that he had given fellow stars of the TV programme ‘half the money they’d make off the tour’ after it was cancelled in light of the pandemic.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.