With scientists questioning if current restrictions will have the same positive impact as previous lockdowns on quelling infection rates, HR experts are warning that this period could cause an employee wellbeing ‘timebomb’.
In fact, as UK science boffins glumly predict that due to the transmissibility of the COVID-19 variant ‘lockdown might not be as effective as the last one in March’, according to Professor Mark Woolhouse, Professor of Infectious Disease Epidemiology at the University of Edinburgh, speaking to The Mirror, one workplace specialist told HR Grapevine that the UK could be looking at another burnout crisis.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.