New analysis of NHS Digital data has revealed that the number of people applying for fit notes from GPs for mental health-related reasons increased by six per cent in the first lockdown period in England.
In addition to this, the Independent reported that the latest data found that mental health problems now account for circa four in 10 of all fit notes signed by doctors.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.