Although businesses often claim that people are their most important asset, a new joint study by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and the think-tank High Pay Centre has suggested otherwise.
According to the study, those heading Britain’s biggest companies have a greater incentive to hit financial goals rather than to meet targets linked to employee matters.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.