The pandemic has prevented employees from doing many things during in the last year, particularly travelling, which has led to many workers storing up holiday.
However, with Christmas fast approaching, accrued holiday entitlement is fast becoming a ‘ticking time bomb’ for employers. This is according to Nick Hine of employment law specialist Hine Legal, who stated that this liability could cause huge problems for employers, particularly if they cannot pay in lieu of accrued holiday except on termination of employment.
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business and HR voices
- Strategic deep dives and expert tips for professional development and innovative practise
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from HR Grapevine and our other sites.
- Unlimited access to the full back catalogue of our award-winning Magazine and other publications.